Conceptual understanding skyrockets as you invite students to investigate chromosomes at the microscopic and molecular scales! You will love the versatility of this kit as you explore the cell cycle, cell division, and genetics. The nucleotides are the same shape and size as those in the Flow of Genetic Information Kit© to provide even more versatility for teaching genetics.
- Build homologous chromosome pairs and sister chromatids
- Identify chromosome structure and anatomy
- Construct Punnett squares with gene sequences as alleles
- Compare and contrast mitosis and meiosis
- Explore how genes can cross over during prophase
- Investigate chromosomal nondisjunctions, translocations, inversions, deletions and duplications